
So I'm finally able to tell you all about mine and Justin's most recent trip to Charleston, SC! We had yet another fabulous getaway to this charming city and we are always excited to see what's in store each time we come back. Of course, a simple weekend can't show you all of Charleston, there's just so many things to do! And for today's post, I'll be sharing what we had done exactly and give you the 4-1-1. That being said, I have a lot to cover in today's post so stay with me...



On the first day, we brunch'd at High Cotton! When I travel, I like to try different things. Yeah I know, hard to believe, but there's just something about being out of the ol' hometown that seems to open me up to new tastes. Justin had the seafood crepe, while I had the crab cake benedict on an english muffin. It looks so good and the taste is even better! We even had a little 'make your own mimosa' station---best decision, ever! Everyone there was also so sweet and more than generous, even the atmosphere was absolutely welcoming!


I'm all about dat dessert! But since we were pretty much still stuffed from earlier that morning, we decided to stick with coffee at Carmella's! The latte I had was very delicious, but I regret so so much for not trying at least one of their pastries. At least I know where to go when I go back, haha!






Once we were done with our coffee break, we went back to our room so I could change into something a little bit more functional to walk in since we were heading to Magnolia Plantation. This had to be my favorite part of the trip! Even though it was mid February, it was gorgeous outside and you could see that a lot of flowers had already started to bloom (or did). We were even able to get a cute picture together on their famous bridge! You definitely have to make a visit here just to be able to walk around in a gigantic flower garden!


So after our trip to the garden, we made a quick pit stop to The Rooftop before dinner. I've always wanted to try a rooftop bar, and it was perfect to be able to sit outside by the cozy outdoor heaters and see the sunset! On another note, their Peach Mules are the bomb dot com!

(image from hotels.com)


Our first course consisted of deviled egg, carrot macaron, and an edible potted plant
(the potted plant was so neat and different to try! Very yummy too!)

Main courses were salmon and swordfish
OK, this dinner at Zero Restaurant was very delicious and so much fun to devour! Every dish was pleasantly different and full of flavor. After it was all said and eaten, this experience almost made me make a switch to food blogger, lol! I'm like not even kidding, Justin and I were eating our food like some serious food critics because it was so good! Zero is a perfect place for an intimate night out with your significant other. We were able to be seated outside and enjoy night air. I highly recommend dining here if it's for your anniversary, private getaway, or important event!


On Sunday we brunch'd again, this time with a live D.J. at Cannon Green. I love places with a great atmosphere, and they had the perfect "sitting out on the porch and eating breakfast" kind of vibe. I loved it! They had all their doors/windows open, so you could really feel that warm Charleston breeze! Since we had done a lot of eating, I decided to try their power oatmeal, which was topped with coconut, fresh raspberries, and blackberries. Oh, and if you're worried about the D.J. not being there, don't worry, there's one there every Sunday during brunch hours!


So last year we rode bikes around Folly Beach, and this time we shook things up and rented a couple bikes to ride around inside the town limits! We love riding bikes, so this was a great way to explore more of the city together. Just be careful and mindful where you're riding!




(Seeing Rainbow Row is a must!)



And last but not least, we ended the day eating dinner at Poogan's Porch. This is mine and Justin's favorite spot to eat, and I'm not just saying that because of their biscuits (but they really do have amazing biscuits!) We never had dinner there, so it was nice to see what they served after breakfast hours.
----------------
I've listed a few other fun things you can do during your stay (along with a few that Justin & I are going to try next time!):
-Charleston Harbor Tour
-Carriage Ride
-Ghost Tour
-Boone Hall Plantation
-Fort Sumter
See the official Charleston, SC for more info (here)
Also, huge thank you to all the restaurants/attractions for having my husband and I! We can't wait to visit you again soon!







