Reflecting Back on 2016...


Ya'll, I'm so ready for this year to be over! Not that it's been a bad year, it was actually a pretty good one. I learned a lot about myself and the things I can do, I got a great new job working social media, Justin got a promotion, and Ryleigh's at the age where she understands things a lot more, and seeing her get all excited for her birthday or Christmas has been a joy to see! But all these blessings didn't come easy. I had hit a pretty low point earlier this summer with balancing school, family, a blog, and a job, and was questioning where I was going with all of this. I was feeling over worked and out of energy, and even upset at myself that there weren't many hours in the day to do everything. I was tired of trying to keep everything in my control, and prayed to 'let go and let God'. I was able to put a lot more faith in Him with the things I did or wanted to do and by doing so He was able to bless our family with the things that we needed most! After everything, I felt a sense of relief and a lot of that weight that I was carrying had been lifted. Though I'm still human, I still fall and feel a little anxious at times, but I always try to think back to all the wonderful blessings that have come out of our hardest struggles this year and for that I'm so much for grateful.

So why am I so ready for the next year? Because I'm ready to see what happens next! Believe me, I'm not planning on next year being all roses and sunshine, life doesn't work like that, but next year is a new chapter and I'm excited to see what's in store!


But now it's time to reflect on a few of my favorite blog moments from 2016:


So, remember that time at the beginning of the year where I started my Monday Coffee Talk!? It was actually taken pretty well, but then of course I failed at life and just stopped because I thought my life was too boring to talk about. Oops! But, I do have a New Years Resolution for the blog, and that's to be more engaged with my audience. I feel like I don't engage with my readers enough, and I really really want to change that! {full post here}


Ok, I just absolutely loved this outfit from this past Spring! Heck, even Lauren Conrad loved it ;)


That time the fam took a trip down to Daytona, FL to stay with our friends, meet some new ones, go to the beach, and see a ball game. Seriously, the best mini vacay we have taken this past summer!


Haha, how about that time Justin and I dressed up for the Derby! It was a first for both of us and so much fun! Doesn't he look so dapper!? ;) {full post here}


This dainty darling obviously LOVES the beach, and when Justin and I took a getaway to Charleston, we definitely got our steps in, lol! And yes, on our last day in SC all we did is ride bikes....All. Day. Long! {full post here}


Now how about the time I was a part of a fun little blogger shoot with Heels.com! {full post here}


The OBX was a trip to remember! I had such a fun time getting to hang out all weekend with my blogger gal-pals by riding horses on the beach, eating at delicious restaurants, and even hang gliding!


So I was determined this year to get family pictures---done! I was also determined to get them printed on Christmas cards---fail. But at least I was able to put them on the blog (and on Facebook for the relatives to see) and were able to get some great shots of us all without looking like we were freezing (because we most certainly were). {full post here}


Winter is not my favorite season (like at all) but there is a good day out of it all and that's mine and Justin's anniversary. This year was our 5th wedding anniversary and we spent the weekend up in VA and touring the D.C. area. I also really love this jacket from this outfit! {full post here}

So there ya have it! Of course that's not everything I have done this year, but I've got mom-brain and I can't exactly remember everything I've done off the top of my head, lol. Oh the struggle!

So here's to a New Year, and another chapter in our lives! I wish nothing but love and well wishes to everyone this year and next! CHEERS!